Help Us, Help You!
We are very excited to share a request from a client company and make you aware of engineering positions they are looking to fill. They are located in Cleveland, Ohio area.
The organization has a new, growth focused CEO and is building and scaling capability for new product introduction, supply chain & operational efficiency. Plus, they have some really game changing and disruptive products and services and in the pipeline.
If you have an interest, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, use the comment form linked here, DM us on LinkedIn or @innov8iongarage on twitter. We will make a close in connection, provide an introduction directly to the hiring team at the client site, and share links to apply.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for designing, integrating, and improving manufacturing systems and related processes. In this role, the Manufacturing Engineer will work with Design Engineers, Operations leads, Quality, and other key internal and external partners to insure product manufacturing processes are effectively developed, documented, and implemented. The objective of the Manufacturing Engineer is to ensure optimization of the manufacturing process from the perspective of cost and quality. The Manufacturing Engineer works under close supervision of the Operations Manager.
Essential Job Duties
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Create and implement processes and procedures for assembly, test, and quality inspection.
Qualifications – Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Electronic Assemblies and Components/Processes.
- Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing defects (electronic, mechanical, cosmetic) and propose solutions.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, including writing and revising assembly and test procedures for use by operators.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance processes including Corrective Action, Preventative Action, 5S, and other techniques to improve and sustain quality.
- Statistics and Data Analysis skills are essential.
- Ability to interface with engineering, suppliers, operations personnel, and supply chain management.
- Experience with Google Tools, MS Project, Networking fundamentals (Telnet, SSH, FTP), Version Control Systems
- Past experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. Knowledge of Inventory Control Systems and Processes, Material Requirements Planning, Bill of Materials
- Positive attitude and team oriented personality with the desire to learn and to coach in equal measure.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of raw materials (plastics, metal fab, finishes), production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of electronic components, assemblies, cables, interconnects, displays, and others as applicable to Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (MS Preferred) in Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in an Electronics Manufacturing environment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- This job is to be performed at the office in Cleveland, Ohio
- Occasional travel to other offices or supplier facilities outside of the Cleveland office is expected. Some international travel (including China) is possible 1-2 times per year.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electronics Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
At The Innovation Garage®…
We help organizations grow. We build strategy. We build and coach capability of teams. We design products, services and supply chains. We guide leaders from startup to the Global Fortune 50 to intentionally self-disrupt their offerings and companies. We provide world class education, tools and technology on how to craft business operating systems focused on long- term profitable growth