We have a request from a current collaboration company to reach out to our networks and share a supply chain position they are looking to fill.
They are located in southern Ohio in the Cincinnati area. The organization is experiencing double digit growth, and looking to build their expanding procurement and supply chain team with a director level position to chart the course for the future!
Check out the position description below and send us an email at email@example.com or use the comment form below if you have an interest in learning more. We will make a close in connection and introduction directly for you to the hiring team.
The Director of Supply Chain position will be responsible for the strategic and tactical planning of manufacturing and distribution for a multi-product facility. This individual will also be responsible for the overall management of the supply chain of raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods inventory. The Director of Supply Chain will also manage the procurement function for the site covering direct materials, indirect materials and services. This position must work to achieve corporate supply chain initiatives and site business objectives regarding supply chain activities.
Oversee production control/master scheduling function for multi-suite, multi-product, FDA and DEA regulated, GMP facilities including, new product introduction from phase 1, through all clinical phases, up to and including scale up and commercial production. Develop and maintain working knowledge of products and processes to ensure optimum manufacturing scheduling efficiency and effectiveness. Ensures master production schedule is optimized for both capacity and materials using tools such as SAP to ensure these constraints are strategically managed.
Perform analysis required to determine when reallocation of supply chain resources are required due to capacity limits, program rescheduling, equipment limitations or added programs, and makes appropriate presentations of findings. Monitor orders, prioritize and expedite through the supply chain to completion, review consumption of WIP materials, assist with variance analysis and help drive corrective actions.
Provide short- and long-term analysis of capacity requirements (facility and suppliers) based on projected business levels. Interact with team members in the internal and external supply chain to ensure visibility of progressive scale-up and long-term requirements are available. This will primarily be achieved through interaction and participation in the global S&OP process that actively manages the supply chain signals from the commercial group through the end distribution channels.
Participate with senior management, sales and marketing, finance, and operations to determine global planning objectives, as well as strategies and processes. Implement strategies to achieve corporate goals in the areas of on-time delivery and inventory management for all SKUs and intermediates. Ensure site planning business processes are in alignment with global planning objectives and marketing demand forecasts.
Develop, implement and track key metrics that will drive the activities of the supply chain team and integrate these metrics as part of the overarching operational excellence system for the facility.
Provide strategic leadership to effectively institute site and corporate cost savings initiatives while building contingency into the supply chain inventory stream.
Provide leadership to the production planning, purchasing and materials management organizations. Establish meaningful department and employee goals that are focused on continuous improvement and tied to overall corporate objectives. Provide mentorship and development plans for the supply chain team as the site and incorporate these activities as part of the annual goals and objective system.
Develop effective communication methods and strong working relationships with partners. Provide leadership in facilitating discussions relative to partner demand and compliance within supply agreement terms. Perform as lead interface for partner supply chain management teams. This will include quarterly business reviews as part of a cross functional team that creates metrics and technical review sessions with the companies supply chain partners.
- Overall understanding of manufacturing and supply chain processes in a pharmaceutical organization
- General knowledge of FDA and DEA Regulations including cGMP’s
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Software proficiency and understanding of ERP systems (Ideally SAP)
- Proficiency of the tools and vocabulary of project management (g., GANTT charts, PERT charts, MS Project summary tables and reports)
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, communication and organization skills.
- Strong skills in capacity planning analysis and constraint based planning including the S&OP Process.
- Experience leading operational procurement function with understanding of standard processes and procedures
- Ability to develop and lead strategic sourcing goals and risk assessment processes
- Strong negotiating and contract development skills
- Thorough understanding of industry related Terms and Conditions
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally in a matrixed environment
- Solid understanding and ability to communicate production planning principles and body of knowledge to all levels of the organization.
- Overall understanding of Operations Excellence and Lean Tools and implementation in supply chain processes
- Proven experience in partner management and strategic relationship building for customer partnered products
- Proven experience working successfully with Site Leadership to deliver the site objectives
EDUCATION: BS in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related background. Advanced degree or certification in supply chain or a related field a plus. CPIM, CIRM, & PMP or related Certification desirable.
EXPERIENCE: Fifteen years related experience in production/capacity planning, preferably in an FDA regulated environment. Minimum of 10 years years in a related supervisory/management role.
At The Innovation Garage®…
We help organizations grow. We build strategy. We build ideas and coach innovation capability of teams. We design products, services and supply chains. We guide leaders from startup to the Global Fortune 50 to intentionally self-disrupt their offerings and companies. We provide world class education, tools and technology on how to craft business operating systems focused on long- term profitable growth.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]