Help Us Help You!
We have a request from a client company to reach out in our networks and share a supply chain position they are looking to fill. They are located in Cincinnati, Ohio area.
The organization has a new, growth focus and is building capability for new product introduction, supply chain & operational efficiency. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 20 commercial drug products and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates. They are looking to develop their procurement and supply chain team to help chart the course for the future!
Your professional ability to pivot between tactical supply chain planning, buying, expediting, AND being strategic and collaborative in building supplier relationships, negotiating, contracting and supporting supply chain strategy is critical for success in this role and the long term growth plan for the organization.
Check out the position description below and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the comment form below if you have an interest in learning more.
We will make a close in connection and provide an introduction directly to the hiring team.
Sr. Procurement Mgr.
This position is responsible for managing the process and personnel engaged in daily procurement activities at the Wilmington Site. This individual will implement a strong procurement strategy within the group and ensure all team goals are met while developing talent. The leadership will author and manage procurement plans and strategic sourcing initiatives across the organization.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures that are aligned with organizational/site strategy objectives that will optimize the overall Procurement function performance for the business.
- Lead and motivate the Procurement team through strategic and transformational change, resolving personnel issues as they arise and leading personnel and the team through development.
- Develop relationships with internal customer base to better understand their procurement needs while leveraging best value through strategic sourcing opportunities. Educate and train customer base on purchasing policies, processes, and systems.
- Using best practice procurement initiatives ensure orders for all goods and services are placed and delivered on time to maintain business continuity and to ensure delivery of site OTIF target, while negotiating best market price for all commodities.
- Maximize adherence to and execution of corporate contracts and e-catalogs. Manage key supplier business relationships, tracking performance, reducing supply base, and improving supplier performance while enhancing site compliance via key supplier spend.
- Lead site level sourcing initiatives and teams, executing RFPs/RFQs, supplier qualification process, supplier analysis, total cost analysis, negotiation of contractual terms, and supplier selection. Assist in corporate level sourcing efforts and meet all cost savings goals.
- Conduct analysis on material usage and spend, and develop opportunities to improve service, meet schedule adherence, and identify savings. Lead and secure supplier risk mitigation strategies for all site critical supply. Continually address concerns and revise strategy.
- Administer the end to end purchase order process, supporting finance, receiving, accounting, and legal in the execution of the procure-to-pay process.
- Ensure that the Procurement function operates in full compliance with EHSS, cGMP, Customs and SOX regulations.
- Ensure that CAPEX and service contracts are fit for purpose, are aligned with business objectives/strategy, are cost effective, and delivered on time.
- Lead cross functional Continuous Improvement initiatives to ensure that department and site cost savings targets are met. Serve as Wilmington Procurement liaison to Global Sourcing Team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong presentation style, proven leadership record, sound decision making skills, and have the aptitude to work independently to set and meet key deliverables and objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the end to end procure-to-pay process, sourcing, negotiation, sound analytical/strategic-thinking abilities, dispute resolution, purchasing best practices, legal a aspects of purchasing, and financial analysis with clear measurable results of the corporate value derived from such efforts. Clear demonstration of effective personnel management.
- Experience with SAP required.
- Perform all duties in a manner which exceeds all ethical standards for the profession
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A successful candidate must demonstrate key business results in a procurement leadership role in a dynamic organization.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years experience in a procurement management role.
- CPM certification and/or active participation in a related professional organization is a plus.
At The Innovation Garage®…
We help organizations grow. We build strategy. We build ideas and coach innovation capability of teams. We design products, services and supply chains. We guide leaders from startup to the Global Fortune 50 to intentionally self-disrupt their offerings and companies. We provide world class education, tools and technology on how to craft business operating systems focused on long- term profitable growth
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]