Help Us, Help You, Help A Client – Client Company seeking Purchasing Agent/Buyer!
We are very excited to share a request from a client company and make you aware of an Purchasing Agent/Buyer position they are looking to fill. They are located in Cleveland, OH.
The organization has a new, growth focused CEO and is building and scaling capability for new product introduction, supply chain & operational efficiency. Plus, they have some really game changing and disruptive products and services in their pipeline.
The Purchasing Agent/Buyer is responsible for purchasing material and supplies for assembly at the most favorable terms for the organization using MRP. Duties also include tracking purchase orders, monitoring vendor quality and maintaining up to date item and supplier information in the database. Teamwork with various cross-functional roles is essential, as well as, the ability to work independently. Reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
Essential Job Duties
- Plans and procures materials necessary to support production plan and various product lines
- Works with suppliers to achieve scheduled promise (arrival) dates and PO maintenance
- Requests and analyzes quotes to ensure accurate and fair pricing
- Ensures data integrity in the inventory system (description, cost, lead-time, MOQ, reorder pt.)
- Communicate component delays to customer service and operations. Provides daily, weekly, and monthly reports, including but not limited to spend by supplier, on time delivery.
- Attends supplier visits to evaluate performance and maintain constructive business relationships
- Investigates and resolves invoice, receiving and supplier issues
- Initiates problem resolution with suppliers
- Seeks cost reduction initiatives
- Coordinates with quality manager to facilitate RMA process for supplier returns
- Assists with creating and maintaining purchasing metrics/reporting (cost variance)
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business required
- 2 – 4 years experience in purchasing/replenishment/supply chain planning/ inventory planning
- ERP/MRP Experience (AS400, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.)
- APICS certification is preferred, but not required.
- Must have excellent analytical skills; moderate to advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge is required to be successful in the role.
Qualifications – Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Purchasing, logistics, inventory planning and supply chain planning
- Experience in a manufacturing setting – specifically high mix, low volume
- Electronics experience preferred
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite experience
- Ability to work and collaborate within in a team environment
- Ability to work quickly and respond to last-minute requests from internal and external customers
- Must be able to travel for supplier visits, as needed.
At The Innovation Garage®…We help organizations grow. We build strategy. We build and coach the capability of teams. We design products, services and supply chains. We guide leaders from startup to the Global Fortune 500 to intentionally self-disrupt their offerings and companies. We provide world class education, tools and technology on how to craft business operating systems focused on long- term profitable growth